At Crown Medical Centre all patients have a named GP. This is because the evidence shows that being looked after by the same GP improves the care you receive and is welcomed by both patients and doctors alike.
Many primary care problems are suitable to wait for a routine appointment, and we encourage you to wait to see your usual GP if you can however, we do have access to other healthcare professionals who can see you regarding medication queries, musculoskeletal issues, and mental health problems. It might be that reception ask you to see these highly trained professionals as an alternative to seeing your GP and the wait to see these people can be less.
- To book a routine face to face or telephone appointment, please complete an online consultation form between 8:00-18:30, Monday to Friday. Your form will be triaged by your GP and you will be contacted with a response withing 48 hours.
- If you are unable to complete the online form, please ring reception on 01823 282151. Our receptionists will triage your telephone call appropriately and assist you in completing an online consultation form on your behalf.
If you believe you have an urgent medical issue, please contact the surgery by telephoning us on 01823 282151. Our reception team are highly trained and by asking relevant clinical questions will direct you to the most appropriate member of the primary care or community pharmacy teams.
Cancelling or changing an appointment
If you cannot make your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so another patient can use your appointment slot. You can change or cancel your appointment:
At the Crown Medical Centre, we offer a wide variety of appointment clinics with various members of staff. These include:
- Minor surgery
- Primary Care Practitioners
- Chronic Disease Management (asthma, diabetic, chronic heart disease)
- Musculoskeletal Practitioners
- Community Pharmacists
- Maternity Services
- Travel clinics
- Family Planning (including clinics fitting and removing coils and implants)
- Childhood immunisations